Washington County Democratic Party to Elect New Leaders at Reorganization Convention
The Washington County Democratic Party will hold a Biennial Reorganization Convention to elect new leaders on Saturday, August 14th, 2021. The meeting will take place at Carver Recreation Center Gym. Doors open for registration at 9 a.m., convention start time is 10 a.m.
Local Democrats will elect a Chair, Vice Chair, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer and the Executive Committee members from all areas of the county for a two-year term. All Democrats who are residents of and who are registered voters of Washington County are urged to attend to discuss the party’s agenda and events for 2021-2022. During the Convention the voting delegation will adopt County Party bylaws and elect new leadership.
The County Party Reorganization Convention welcomes all Washington County Democrats. Attendees should arrive early to complete credentialing forms and be admitted to the convention prior to 10 a.m., when the meeting will begin. Credentialing will require attendees to be a registered voter in Washington County. It is highly recommended to check your voter registration status at GoVoteTn.com prior to attending.
To speed the process of credentialing, bringing your Voter Registration Card, or using your mobile device to display your registration information from GoVoteTN.com or the Go Vote TN app will help the Credentialing staff quickly get you signed in. Doors will close at 10 am, but those in line by the 10am deadline, will still be admitted to the convention for voting.
Interested in running for an Officer or Executive Committee Position? – Link
Convention Agenda – Link
Convention Rules – Link
Proposed Bylaws – Link
Parking at Carver Recreation Center is limited. To save these spaces for those with mobility issues, if you are willing and able to walk, please consider parking farther away and walking. A gravel lot behind Restonic Matress company can be used as well. (See image below.) Do NOT park at the Masonic Lodge.
Hybrid Option to attend virtually
Registration for the hybrid attendance was closed 48 hours prior to the convention per TNDP rules. Please attend in person! (Masks are required and social distancing enforced.)
Virtual Attendees who have been certified will receive the Zoom link on Friday, August 13th by 5pm EST.
On Saturday, August 14th, the Zoom will open at 9:30am EST. Attendees will be admitted to the Zoom event if their pledge form was certified.
Virtual Attendees MUST remain on camera for the entire event. Each attendee must also have their correct name on the Zoom Event. Votes will be counted by a show of physical hands on video by the WCDP Reorganization Credentialing Staff.
Virtual Attendees will be eligible to run for Officer Positions and Executive Committee. Virtual Attendees can use the virtual “Raise Hand” feature to request to speak. Virtual Attendees will remain muted until recognized to speak by the Reorganization Chair.
- Masks will be required for attendees in person
- Attendees, both in person and virtual must be certified by the Credentialing Committee as bona-fide Democrats registered to vote in Washington County. Determination will be made by internal Votebuilder database, or utilizing the GoVoteTN website. Voters with concerns that their information is not included in one of these systems or would like to reduce the time to be credentialed are encouraged to bring their Voter Registration card.
- Convention Rules will be posted and will be voted on at the beginning of the Convention
- Credentialed voters may be nominated and can run for Officer Positions and Executive Committee.
- Officer Positions – Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Recording Secretary and Corresponding Secretary
- Executive Committee – One seat for each of the 15 Washington County Commission Districts.
More FAQs to be added. Check back prior to the Event or contact email@example.com for additional questions.